RESEL SA maintains the majority in the share capital and the management of the company "BIOILIAKI BIOMASS ENERGY PHOTOVOLTAICS LTD" (BIOSOL Ltd), which ownes and operates 8 photovoltaic stations of 740 kW total output in the interconnected system and the non-interconnected islands.
- PV 200 kW in Lerna, Argolida Prefecture
- PV 100 kW in Valtetsi, Arkadia Prefecture
- PV 100 kW in Geraki, Lakonia Prefecture
- PV 200kW (2 X 100 kW) in Dimylia, island of Phodes
- PV 140 kW (2 Χ 60 kW & 1 X 20 kW) in Mantamados, island of Lesvos
The PV stations of BIOSOL generate annually 1.200.000 kWh (1.200 MWh) and save approximately 650 tons of CO2.
BIOMASS - SYNGAS
BIOSOL Ltd has also been granted Offers and Interconnection Terms by DEDDIE (Distribution Network Operator) and concludes the lisencing procedure for the construction and operation of two electricity generation units from biomass (syngas) of 500 kWp total output each in Vassilika and in Lakkia of the Municipality of Thermi - Thessaloniki Prefecture.
The units will gasify wood-chips and will exploit the produced synthetic gas (syngas) for the generation of electricity.
The construction of the biomass electricity generation units is scheduled for Q3 2016.
The full biomass electricity generation business plan of the company in its second phase provides for the construction of 40.000 sq.m. of hydroponic greenhouses, where the heat generated from the electricity generation process will be diverted (800kWth X 2).
It is important to note the following:
- The two electricity generation units fired with syngas from the gasification of woodchips are categorised as plants of Renewable Energy Sources (RES) with ZERO contribution to the greenhouse effect.
- The units are designed to gasify EXCLUSIVELY wood pieces deriving from legal and controlled wood-cutting.
- The units will totally contribute more than 350.000 € per year to the local community, through: a) the decrease of the citizens' electricity bills, b) the remuneration of local people and c) the collaboration with local entrepreneurs and service providers (transportation of raw material, ancillary services etc.).
- Upon construction and operation of the two hydroponic greenhouses, the total annual economic contribution to the local community shall exceed 500.000 €.